Apple has found the secret to combining simplicity, style and functionality in their ultralight yet powerful laptops and tablets.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is an ever-growing trend which encourages schools and parents to adopt a policy which encourages students to bring their own personalised device for learning in the classroom and at home. Students largely get to decide which device they will use to complete their studies as schools usually only have a few minor requirements or preferences.
Hundreds of schools across New Zealand now have BYOD policies in place. This means students can now use their own devices, such as tablets or laptops, at school to help with their learning. It allows them to do research, complete their homework and collaborate on projects with their classmates or teachers on their very own devices.
BYOD utilises devices that students would likely be using for their own personal use, in the classroom. It significantly reduces pressure on schools to produce and maintain their multimedia resources and increases collaboration in the online environment between students and teachers.
There are some key advantages for adopting a BYOD strategy including increased productivity (students are more comfortable and can work faster on owned devices) and reduced costs as mentioned above. To work efficiently, most schools operate lessons and projects over a cloud-based system which allows for transparency and collaboration.
With the sheer number of devices and accessories available to students, how do you as a parent know what the right product for your child’s learning needs is?
Price is obviously a main consideration, but must be balanced against the device’s features, such as size, memory or robustness. Some of these features will be more important than others, depending on what your child needs.
On this dedicated BYOD hub, we cover the key questions you might be asking and include spotlights on our most popular products, as well as offering options to shop by your child’s education level.
Start by reading through the content to inform you about the aspects you will want to consider, and then move on to shop by primary, secondary, or tertiary. If you need further help, our teams in store are more than happy to walk you through your BYOD journey.
Noel Leeming has been delivering BYOD solutions to schools for several years, working closely with them to build a BYOD partnership that ensures success and simplicity for all.
With over 70 stores nationwide, we’re the closest technology store to nearly every school in the country. We can help you get the right product for your BYOD needs and get the most out of your technology. We offer a range of services to help with all your technology buying needs, including:
- A free 30-minute one-on-one intro to your new device from one of our learning specialists, with the option for more in-depth training if needed.
- Weekly in store seminars where you can learn the benefits of technology and find out how to keep your kids safe online.
- Exclusive BYOD evenings nationwide, as well as in store events to help schools and parents understand how technology is driving learning in future focused environments.
- Delivery, installation, setup and in-home learning for all of our computer products to make sure you get the most out of your purchase.
This year we are also offering a range of bundles for BYOD and back to school shoppers which includes our best value Tech Solutions services. It makes the purchase process even simpler by taking the hard work out of deciding what the best choice is. Our Tech Solutions team will:
- Unbox and setup your new computer, so you either walk out of the store with a working computer - or we visit your home to get everything working for you!
- Install bonus Internet security valued at $129!
- Assess your Wi-Fi & and broadband connection - making any relevant recommendations for your computer’s connection
- Connect all related devices to the Computer – for example, printers, modems & media players
- Show you how to get the most from your computer
- Transfer your data from your old PC to your new one
- Take away all the packaging, for a hassle free computer setup!
See our hottest bundles below and see more within the ‘shop by’ pages.