As New Zealanders we are blessed with the warm summer Christmas, resulting in heaps of opportunities for spending Christmas Day outside with family and friends. Check out our Christmas Day activity ideas and kids games to get the ball rolling this Christmas.
After the stockings are empty, the presents unwrapped, and the initial excitement simmered down, the question from kids and parents can be “what do we do now?”. Make the most of Christmas Day as a family and get kids involved in the joy of a summer Christmas!
Set up the toys (don’t forget the batteries!) and let your imagination run wild with these kids games suggestions:
- Head to the backyard! The Play Green Hornet Drone is the perfect drone for little ones who are keen on learning to fly. If you’re new to drones it’s a great way for you and your little ones to learn something together. Plus, it has a 0.3MP camera so you can make memories while you fly!
- Make a trip to the beach or lake. Take the Maisto Remote Controlled Desert Rebels and use the logs and tree roots as your very own 4WD track!
- Create a racing track! Clear the cars from the driveway and race the Maisto Tech Radio Controlled Cars down to the letterbox and back!.
- Create your own Star Wars movie! Use BB-8, R2D2, and BB-9E and film your own mini movie using your house as the stage. Get the kids to write the plot and help them act it out through your smartphone using the app-enabled droids.
Disclaimer: The drone footage featured is private footage filmed according to CAA and Privacy Laws in New Zealand.
Drones aren’t just for the hardcore adventurer - their auto-stabilisation and ability to capture the entire scene makes for great family memories all year around. Treat yourself to a drone this Christmas and capture all of those Christmas memories!
Christmas Day activity ideas for making the most out of your drone:
- Head down to the quiet end of the beach with your GoPro Karma Drone and capture the kids playing beach cricket, beach volleyball, or frisbee! Detach the GoPro from the drone and capture the action in the water.
- Get everyone in the family photo with the DJI Spark Drone - it has hand gesture control to allow you to take a picture with the wave of your hand!
- Head for the hills and capture the breathtaking vistas with the DJI Mavic Pro Drone. This drone has a 7km range giving you the freedom to get lost in the views.
- Give the gift of flight with the Parrot Disco with Sky Controller and FPV Googles. A long flight time of 45 minutes, this is the first fixed-wing drone that reaches speeds up to 50 mph. Immerse yourself in flight and see the world from a whole new angle with Parrot Cockpit glasses, the new FPV headset designed to put you in the cockpit of your drone.
Inspired? See our range of drones.