- 7g sachet dry yeast powder
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 50g raw sugar
- 575g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 200g softened butter
- Vanilla extract to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 150g Belgian pearl sugar
1) Dissolve yeast in half of the warm milk with a teaspoon of the sugar. Stand for 10–15
minutes to activate.
2) Place flour, salt, butter, remaining sugar, vanilla extract and eggs into a bowl of an electric mixer. Using the dough hook, beat until mixture looks crumbly.
3) Add warm milk and mix a little more to incorporate.
4) Add activated yeast mixture and mix until dough doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl. Cover with a clean cloth and rest for 10 minutes.
5) Add pearl sugar and gently knead through until evenly distributed.
6) Let the dough rest for 1 hour and the cut it into 80g balls.
7) Preheat until orange light flashes up and the word HEATING disappears.
8) Place a ball of dough into each section and close lid to cook. Repeat with remaining dough.
Serve with generous lashings of whipped butter or cream and maple syrup.