Caribbean Roast Chook with hot pineapple salsa
With 1 tin of pineapple rings, let’s head to the Caribbean and pimp up your Sunday roast, with this banging chicken dish. Everything is cooked in one dish so not too much washing up.
- drizzle of olive oil or Hax Garlic, Chilli & Herb Oil
- 8 pineapple rings
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- Bunch of herbs for chicken: thyme OR tarragon OR coriander
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- Pinch chilli flakes or half a fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 chicken (size of your choice)
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tbsp Savoury Spice Mash Up Hax : Jamaican
Preheat your oven to 180C.
Drizzle an oven proof dish or roasting pan with oil (my garlic, herb and chilli is fabulous).
Line with 7 – 8 pineapple rings. Dot over some roughly chopped garlic.