Crispy Skin Pork Belly
- 1.5 kg piece Pork Belly
- 2tbl Fennel Seeds
- 1tbl dried ginger
- 1tbl Chinese five spice
- 1tbl paprika
- 1tbl Cooking Oil
- Sea salt
- Crush Fennel seeds and mix with other spices
- Slice through skin of pork belly at 1cm intervals using sharp knife
- Pour boiling water over skin.
- Then pat dry
- Turnover and rub spice mix over meat side of pork belly
- On Skin side massage in oil and sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Place in fridge for at least an hour -preferably longer to allow skin to dry out.
- Place pork belly on solid tray near top of oven
- Select Fan+Grill (230°C for 25 minutes)
- Change function to Steam+hot air 140C for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Then finish with Fan+Grill 230 c for a further 5 – 10 minutes or until crispy.