Simple Flat Bread
- 1-cup thick yoghurt
- 1½ to 1¾ cup self-raising flour + more for kneading and rolling
- ¾-tspn salt
- Olive Oil
If desired add toppings of your choice i.e. Ricotta Cheese, sliced cherry tomato, pesto, mozzarella, parmesan, prosciutto etc.
If using a SMEG oven with a SMEG Pizza stone, place the stone at the base of the oven before turning on. Once the oven, with stone in place, has reached temperature, allow the stone to preheat for a further 10 minutes before cooking.
If using SMEG’s Pizza stone with any other oven, place the stone on the lowest oven rack and, once the oven has reached temperature, allow the stone up to 45 minutes to reach temperature.
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to 250 – 280°C.
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, the salt, and enough flour to make a very soft, but not sticky dough.
- Form the dough into ball and knead briefly until smooth.
- Roll out dough to 6 or 7 mm and into desired shape and drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with more salt. Alternatively top with your desired toppings.
- Cook for approx. 10 – 15 minutes or until cooked and browned.