Homemade: Four Seasons Pizza
I’ve quartered my pizza so everyone can have the topping of their choice. A great way to get interactive with kids in the kitchen. Remember, you don’t have to make the dough, you can always use pizza bases, flatbreads or wraps instead.
- 1 pizza base (GF) OR
- 1 large portion pizza dough
- 200g pizza sauce
- extra parmesan, garnish
- olive oil, garnish
- Topping 1:
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (or cheese), torn
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- pinch of Italian mixed herbs or fresh basil leaves
- Topping 2:
- 1 slice prosciutto, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- drizzle of olive oil
- Topping 3:
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 anchovies, torn into little pieces
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- Topping 4:
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1/4 cup diced feta
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
*these are my favourites, feel free to top with your choice of ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Lightly flour an oven tray or pizza stone. If using pizza bases, pop onto the tray (if using pizza dough, flour bench, roll out and gently lay onto tray or stone).
Divide the pizza sauce into 4, smear over the base, divide your base into four segments and place our toppings on so you get a different choice in each quarter.
When finished with your toppings, drizzle with extra olive oil.
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until your crust starts to crispy and golden and your toppings begin to bubble.
Serve: I like a scoop of fresh rocket leaves and a little freshly grated parmesan cheese.