- 500g flour (preferably “00” flour)
- 1tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 350 mls warm water
Toppings as desired: Garlic, chilli, parmesan, mozzarella, pesto etc.
If using a SMEG oven with a SMEG Pizza stone, place the stone at the base of the oven before turning on. Once the oven, with stone in place, has reached temperature, allow the stone to preheat for a further 10 minutes before cooking.
If using SMEG’s Pizza stone with any other oven, place the stone on the lowest oven rack and, once the oven has reached temperature, allow the stone up to 45 minutes to reach temperature.
- Place all ingredients in bowl and mix.
- Knead until dough is stretchy and smooth
- (Alternatively, this can be done in bread-maker on dough mode, or in kitchen mixer with dough hook.
- Allow to rise for approximately 40 minutes. Divide dough into 3, form a ball, and let rest another 10- 20 minutes
- Flatten with fingers or use a rolling pin to form approximately 8 inch round circle
- Top pizza breads with desired toppings and transfer to stone and cook for 6 – 10 minutes depending on the oven, or until pizza bread is just starting to brown on the top and is crispy on the base.