Anzac biscuits are easy to make and taste great! Enjoy this traditional Anzac biscuit recipe on Anzac Day or any other day of the year.
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup finely desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- ½ tsp Edmonds baking soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.
3. Melt butter and golden syrup. Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add to butter and golden syrup. Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
4. Place level tablespoonfuls of mixture onto cold greased trays and flatten with a fork. These don't spread as they bake so you can place them close together.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Leave on the tray for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
Recipe from www.edmondscooking.co.nz