Baguettes by Breville
Bastille Day, one of the most important dates in the French calendar, is celebrated with parades, parties and plenty of food. These petite baguettes by Breville are the perfect way to celebrate from the comfort of your own home!
- 180mL water
- 1 tsp salt
- 290g bread (high grade) flour
- 1 tsp yeast: active dry
- Place ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed. Wipe any spills from outside of pan.
- Insert the bread pan into position in the baking chamber and close the lid.
- Press MENU to choose setting BAGUETTE(14).
- Choose CRUST COLOUR MEDIUM for best results.
- Press START | CANCEL to commence cycle. The bread maker will start the first stage of the baguette making process of kneading and proving the dough.
- When you hear the bread maker beep (after 1 hour 20 minutes) remove bread pan. Turn dough onto a lightly floured work bench and need until dough just comes together. Do not overwork or the dough with toughen.
- Divide dough into 4 and lightly shape into baguettes.
- Place baguettes onto trays and with a sharp knife cut 2-3 slits diagonally across each baguette. Brush with a little water.
- Using the hooks under the one of the racks; hook the other rack so that it hangs underneath. Position the two racks into the bread maker and close the lid.
- Press START | CANCEL to recommence the cycle.
- After cycle has completed press START | CANCEL to stop KEEP WARM setting.
- Using oven mitts, remove baguettes from bread maker.