Roast Chicken with NutriOven
Did you know the NutriOven can bake an entire roast chicken meal? We put it to the test and the results are irresistable. Give it a go for yourself!
Note: Recipe made with Sunbeam NutriOven
- Roast Chicken
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- Butter, melted (for basting)
- Roast Veggies
- 1 parnsip, quartered lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, dry ends trimmed
- 500g potato, halved or quartered
- Half of one cauliflower, cut into florets
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Almond Stuffing
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups breadcrumbs (we used wholegrain)
- 180 grams chicken mince
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- To Serve
- Salt & pepper
- Line bottom of NutriOven with tinfoil and pre-heat the NutriOven to 250 degrees. Ensure extension ring is in place.
- Start by preparing the stuffing. Heat butter in a small pan over low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring until soft.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix all remaining almond stuffing ingredients together.
- Fill cavities of chicken with as much almond stuffing as you can fit. Set aside remaining.
- Tie legs of chicken together. Brush chicken with melted butter and season with salt
- Turn NutriOven down to 200 degrees, place chicken on low rack. Cover with tin foil and roast for one hour.
- While chicken is cooking prepare veggies
- Place potatoes and parsnip in a large bowl. Boil a jug and pour boiling water over veggies. Cover and let sit for five minutes before draining.
- Arrange potatoes and parsnip on the multi-purpose baking dish
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt & pepper
- When chicken has been cooking for one hour, pull out and brush with more butter.
- Using the low rack, place chicken back into NutriOven uncovered on low rack, and place veggies in the top of the oven on the high rack.
- Roast all for 30 further minutes or until juices in chicken run clear and veggies are soft and golden.
- While waiting for chicken to cook, roll stuffing into balls and place on small oven tray or baking dish. Place cauliflower and broccoli in large bowl, boil a jug and pour boiling water over veggies. Cover and let sit for five minutes before draining.
- Pull chicken & veggies out, set aside to rest, and place asparagus and cauliflower on multi-purpose baking dish in oven on high rack for a further 15-20min. Place stuffing balls on low rack.