White Chocolate Tart with Cranberries & Caramel
- 1 c plain flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/3 c icing sugar
- 80 g butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- baking beads OR rice
- 600mL cream
- 400g white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Caramel Sauce
- 300mL cream
- 100g brown sugar
- To serve
- Frozen cranberries
- To make the chocolate pastry mix flour, cocoa powder, & icing sugar in a food processor
- Add butter & combine until it looks like fine crumbs
- Lastly add egg and combine until the pastry all comes together.
- Take pastry out of the food processor and shape into a ball. Cover in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 30mins.
- Roll out chilled pastry to 4mm thick and line a 23cm buttered tart pan. Place back in the fridge for 30mins.
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Prick pastry base with a fork and line with baking paper. Fill with baking beads or rice. Bake in oven for 8mins.
- Take the pastry base out of oven and remove the baking paper and rice then place back in oven for a further 3mins.
- Take out of oven and allow the base to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Heat cream in a pot until almost boiling.
- Pour hot cream over white chocolate in a bowl and stir until smooth. Allow to cool a little.
- Once cooled, add beaten eggs to chocolate and cream mixture and whisk together.
- Pour filling into the tart shell and bake for 30-35mins until just set.
- To make Caramel Sauce add cream & brown sugar to a pot and heat slowly until the sugar dissolves. Continue to cook for another 3mins, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, pile a handful of frozen cranberries on top of the tart and pour over warm caramel sauce.