Coconut Rice Pudding with Nespresso Vanilio
This delicious recipe, created by Jax Hamilton was a hit at our Nespresso VIP Evening. This dish is served with a crispy, chocolate dipped, roasted coconut wonton wrapper. Enjoy!
- Nespresso Affogato
- Vanilio – 1 capsule espresso per serving
- 150g medium grain rice (calrose)
- 250ml full fat milk
- 250ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla paste OR 1 tsp vanilla essence (extract)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp butter
- Crispy, Bloody Delicious, Wonton Wrappers
- 8 Wonton Pastries (I use Formosa)
- knob of butter, melted
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 100g shredded coconut
- 150g chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Combine the rice, milk, coconut milk, vanilla and 100ml water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, simmer, stirring every now and then from the bottom of the pan.
- Now is a really good time to put Michael Jackson’s ‘Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough’ on it’s the perfect rice pudding stirring choon!
- Meanwhile, place the wonton wrappers on a baking tray, brush with the melted butter, sprinkle over the icing sugar and bake until golden and crispy – about 2 minutes, so keep an eye on them. Remove and set aside.
- Sprinkle the coconut into a large non-stick frying pan, keep tossing and dry roast over a medium heat until golden and smelling delicious. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Change to Billy Jean - Keep stirring and dancing.
- Tumble the chocolate into a heat proof bowl. Pop in the microwave and cook & stir in bursts of 30 seconds until completely melted. Stir and remove.
- Take a wonton wrapper, dip one end into the melted chocolate, sprinkle with coconut and pop aside to set.
- Check the rice, by pressing a grain between your thumb and finger, if tender add the sugar and spice, mix well. Cook until the pudding is luscious, thick and syrupy (another 2 – 3 minutes).
- Pop spoonfuls into a dish or espresso cup, pour over Nespresso Vanillio and enjoy with a sweet crispy wonton pastry.