Diwali Garlic Veggie Fried Rice
Feeling inspired by Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights? Us too! Try this burnt garlic veggie fried rice recipe and take yourself to India.
- Cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 100g beans, chopped
- ½ capsicum, chopped
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- salt & pepper
- Cook uncooked rice according to packet instructions or in rice cooker
- In a large wok or frypan heat oil on medium heat and saute garlic until golden and slightly burnt.
- Add onion, spring onions and chilli and saute until soft.
- Add capsicum, carrot and beans, and saute for a minute until hot.
- Turn heat to high and add vinegar, soy sauce and chilli sauce. Mix through veggies.
- Add your cooked basmati rice or leftover rice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix gently, without breaking rice grain, allowing the rice to heat up completely.
- Finally, serve burnt garlic fried rice garnished with few chopped green spring onions.
- Serve with your favourite Indian dish or eat alone.