Five Spice Plum Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6 ripe plums, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons cup castor sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/4 cup icing sugar mixture
1) Turn the Function dial to BAKE cook setting.
2) Turn the Time dial to 1 hour.
3) Turn the Temperature Dial to 200°C CONVECTION
4) Press the START button
5) Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the pastry so it forms a
large circle. Prick the centre of the pastry with a fork, this helps the
crust release steam and become crisp.
6) Put the plums into a bowl, add the five spice powder, sugar and
lemon and gently toss to coat the plums in the mixture.
7) Pile the plums into the centre of the pastry leaving a 3cm border
around the edge.
8) Whisk together the egg and 1 tablespoon water, brush the egg wash
around the border. Bake the tart for 16 minutes or until crisp golden.
9) Combine the five spice powder and icing sugar mixture. Dust through
a sieve over the top of the hot tart and serve.