- 500g Agria potato, peeled and chopped into small cubes.
- 1 egg
- Up to 1 cup 00 flour
- 1/2 t salt
- Sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup cream
- 50-75 g blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 t grated fresh nutmeg
- 5-6 sage leaves
- Black pepper
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- Set oven to 100C full steam and steam potatoes until very soft (Approx. 30minutes)
- Pass potato through sieve or ricer
- Add egg and ½-cup flour sprinkle of nutmeg and salt.
- Turn out onto floured board and begin to knead, adding more flour until the dough is not sticky but still very soft.
- Roll into long log and slice small portions off. Roll in flour and across back of fork to obtain ridges in each piece.
- Place gnocchi on baking paper lined tray
- Steam for 8 minutes at 100C after oven is up to temperature.
- Add garlic and a drop of olive oil to frying pan, add garlic, and heat through.
- Add cream, sage leaves then crumbled blue cheese and parmesan, salt nutmeg and black pepper and heat until melted.
- Take steamed gnocchi and place in casserole dish. Pour over cream mixture.
- Top with Panko and more parmesan cheese
- Grill for 6-8 minutes until crispy and golden