Hummus with toasted pitas
Apart from being delicious, this homemade hummus is a healthy treat that will keep the kids full of energy, protein, and fibre - for all of life's exciting activities.
- x2 400 gram cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1/4 cup water
- 100mL olive oil
- Pita breads
- Paprika (optional)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Puree chickpeas, cumin, tahini, garlic, juice of one lemon, and a pinch of salt in food processor.
- Add water and blend into mixture
- Taste, and add more lemon juice as desired
- With food processor running, slowly pour olive oil and blend until smooth
- Cut pitas into chip-sized pieces and place on baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 200 degrees celcius until golden and crunchy.
- Sprinkle paprika and chilli flakes over hummus and serve with toasted pitas