Pork and Prawn Dumplings with Asian Greens
While this dish may seem daunting at first, it is actually really simple to create and makes for a fun evening with friends and family. Make it once - you'll be hooked!
- 250g pork mince
- 250g raw prawns, chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1tbs fresh grated ginger
- 2tbs soya sauce
- 1tbs shoahsing rice wine
- 2tsp corn flour
- 2tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 packet dumpling wrappers
- asian greens (e.g. bok choy, snow peas) or brocolli
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1tbs oyster sauce
- 1tbs soy sauce
- Mix together pork mince, prawns, spring onions, ginger, 1tbs soya sauce, rice wine, corn flour, 1tsp sesame oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place 1 tbs of filling in the middle of a dumpling wrapper.
- Wet the outside of the wrapper with a little water and fold edges together with your fingers.
- Repeat with remaining filling.
- Place in steamer on top of a sheet of baking paper.
- Steam dumplings for 8 mins.
- Place Asian greens, chilli and garlic in the seamer and steam for 5 mins.
- Mix together oyster, and remaining sesame and soya sauces together in a bowl and toss through steamed veges.
- Toss together and serve with steamed dumplings.