Smokey BBQ Brisket
- Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker
- 1.5kg beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 3⁄4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1⁄2 cup BBQ seasoning
- 400ml beef stock
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup water
1) Combine the BBQ sauce and seasoning together and rub all over the brisket.
2) Place the metal rack into the base of the cooking pot. Pour in the beef stock and rest the brisket on the metal rack.
3) Secure the lid and ensure the steam release valve is in the closed position. Press
MEAT/STEW, adjust time to 1 hour 25 minutes, press START/STOP.
4) Once the brisket is cooked, remove from the cooking pot with the rack and set to one side.
5) Press BROWN/SAUTE then START/STOP and reduce remaining liquid by half. Combine the cornflour and water, add to the cooking pot and simmer for one minute. Press STOP.
6) Using two forks, shred the brisket and add to the cooking pot. Fold into the sauce then serve on burger buns with slaw.
TIP: For extra smoky flavour, spray the brisket with smoke oils before cooking.