Macro photography promises fun, unique ways of capturing the things that amaze you most, whether it's the petal of a flower, the eye of an insect or the tiny toes of a newborn baby.
- Whether shooting portraits, food or nature?indoors or outdoors?the AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G's rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. Selective focus helps to isolate the subject, creating out of focus backgrounds
- Close-Range Correction: the lens elements are configured in a "floating element" design wherein each lens group moves independently to achieve focusing. This ensures superior lens performance even when shooting at close distances. Silent Wave Motor: Nikon's AF lens technology AF-S Nikkor lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts traveling waves into rotational energy to focus the optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that's extremely accurate and super quiet
- Automatic to manual focus switching with virtually no lag time by turning the focusing ring on the lens
- Super Integrated Coating: Nikon's multilayer coating of the optical elements in Nikkor lenses
- Manufacturer Warranty: 12 months