The Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED is an ideal telephoto zoom lens for those seeking a lightweight all-in-one lens or a companion lens for the 18-55mm kit lens that came with their camera. Vibration Reduction (VR) significantly reduces camera shake throughout the entire focal length, making sharp telephoto shots substantially easier to achieve. An ideal lens for sports, people and school events, this lens provides clear images with less blur.
- Silent Wave Motor: Nikon's AF lens technology AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts traveling waves into rotational energy to focus the optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that's extremely accurate and super quiet
- ED (Extra low Dispersion): ED Glass is an optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations
- Auto-Manual Mode. smooth focusing operation in Manual focus mode realized in the same way as users have become accustomed to with conventional manual-focus lenses by adding an appropriate torque to the focus ring
- If Lens: a Nikkor lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. If Nikkors do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances
- Manufacturer Warranty: 12 months