Now available online and in-store
Get 6 weeks to pay with no interest or fees with Zip on purchases between $50-$1000.
Check out the video to get started and start shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions
Zip allows you to make purchases and take your goods straight away, but pay 25% up-front with the rest charged over 3 fortnightly interest free instalments.
If you pass Zip’s minimum credit criteria you will be allocated a spend limit between $150 and $1,000 subject to an individualised credit assessment.
You need to apply online at zip.co/nz so will need mobile data or wifi. The sign-up process takes 2-3 minutes and you need to be 18+, have a NZ debit or credit card and have a NZ Driver Licence.
Zip needs to identify you. You can get manually ID verified at zip.co/nz with other forms of ID (this process can take up to 24 hours).
There are no fees or interest costs to shop with Zip if you make your payments on time. If you miss a payment you will be charged an $8 default fee per week it is late (capped at $40 total fees per purchase).
Zip performs a credit check as part of its application process. Noel Leeming does not have any influence on Zip’s credit criteria. If you have questions around your application you will need to contact Zip via their website zip.co/nz
If you are a new Zip customer, you will need to wait until your 2nd instalment has been paid (2 weeks after purchase) before you can shop with Zip again.
Step 1: Download the Zip app or sign up at Zip.co.nz. You need to be 18+, have a NZ debit or credit card and have a NZ Driver Licence. See FAQs below for more info and what to do if you don’t have a NZ Driver Licence.
Step 2: If approved to shop you will see your available balance. This can be between $150 and $1,000 subject to an individualised credit assessment. Your spend limit will increase if you make all your payments on time.
Step 3: Navigate to “in-store” and create an in-store QR code. You must be able to make the entire purchase with your available balance and cannot top up with another payment type like cash or eftpos. You must have at least 25% on your nominated card.
Step 4: Present your in-store QR code to the team at checkout, or scan yourself at self-checkout. You will need to approve the purchase on your mobile once the code is scanned. The first 25% payment is charged immediately.
You will need your mobile phone and mobile data or wifi to shop with Zip. Download the Zip app or log-in at zip.co/nz then navigate to “in-store”. Create an in-store QR code and present to the team at checkout, or scan yourself at self-checkout. You will need to approve the purchase on your mobile once the code is scanned.
There is a minimum spend of $50 to shop with Zip at Noel Leeming.
No. You can’t make a partial payment with Zip and must be able to pay for the entire transaction with your available balance.
No, you only need 25% of your purchase on your nominated card which is charged at checkout.
No, you need to sign up to Zip and be approved to shop BEFORE shopping in-store.
Zip REFUND & EXCHANGE INFORMATION
- You can return items purchased using Zip but only for a refund, exchanges are not available. Bring your items to store, we’ll process the refund and you can choose something else.
- Zip refunds are made via Zip directly to the card associated with your Zip account. Refunds are applied to unpaid instalments first.
- No cash refunds will be given in-store under any circumstances.
- Zip refunds can only be processed as standalone transactions.
- Normal bank processing times for refunds apply.
Zip can't be used to purchase mobile top-ups, epay products (itunes, gaming cards etc), Gift Cards, Christmas Club cards (including top-ups), or Trend Micro and Norton Anti Virus.
Terms & Conditions of Use
For full terms or to apply see zip.co/nz
Zip Limited is an external payment service provider. Noel Leeming offers Zip as a further payment option for you when purchasing goods from us.
- Zip Limited is an external service provider and is not part of Noel Leeming or an associated subsidiary.
- Fees – there are no initial fees* applicable to you for using the Zip service. *Some fees may apply if you default on a payment.
- For Zip’s FAQ’s and full Terms and Conditions please go to www.zip.co/nz.
- Credit criteria and credit checks apply to the use of the Zip service. When you sign up to Zip, your minimum credit limit is $150, maximum credit limit is $1000.
- The Zip payment service is available for both in-store and online purchases.
- The Zip service may be used for online and in-store purchases with a value of between $50 to $1000. Zip is not available for amounts lower or higher than those stated above.
- Product Exclusions – Gift Cards, iTunes cards, Gaming Cards and any other products in this category are not able to be purchased using the Zip method of payment.
- Zip is not available for BizRewards customers.
- Zip cannot be used in conjunction with any other payment type (i.e. split-tender). The purchase must be made in full with Zip. If you do not have enough available credit on your Zip balance, you must use another form of payment (credit card, cash etc.).
- Purple Visa Card points are not applicable when paying with Zip.
- If you are a Team Member, you may use your Team Card in conjunction with transacting your payment through the Zip service.
What you need
- You must be over 18 at the time of your purchase in order to be able to use the Zip service.
- Zip is only available to New Zealand residents.
- In order to use the Zip payment service, you must have a current New Zealand Driver’s Licence and a New Zealand debit or credit card. If you do not have either of these, please contact Zip directly to discuss further options.
- Should you have any issues with your purchase, you are able to return your product to us under our standard terms. Go to https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/help/returns-and-exchanges/return-online-purchased-product.html for further information.
- Cash refunds or refunds directly back to your credit or debit card are not permitted. Any refunds made by Noel Leeming will be made directly to Zip who will refund back to the card that you used to pay for your goods. This refund may take up to seven (7) days. Refer to Zip’s terms and conditions for further information.
- Refunds will be made to the full original purchase, and any items that you have retained ownership of will be added back to your Zip account.
- Good may be exchanged under our standard exchange or change-of-mind terms, however a full reversal of the original purchase must be made, and any items that you do not wish to exchange will be added back to your Zip account. In the event the item you have exchanged is of higher value, this additional value will be charged to your Zip account.