Getting new tech is always exciting. And whether you just need a bit of help, or a full rundown, our team of experts can help you get the most out of your tech, either in store or at your place.
Get in touch on 0800 555 989, or visit us in-store to book a one-on-one learning session.
These days, we rely on our smartphones for pretty much everything – be it navigation, communicating, learning, or reading the weather. But that’s not to say we don’t run into problems from time to time.
- Never miss a moment - If you didn’t know already, the quickest way to access your camera is from your lock screen.
- Stay updated - If your phone’s not working as it should, make sure you have the latest operating system update. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your phone.
- Don’t charge up overnight - Charging your phone throughout the day will be better for your battery.
- Boost your battery life - To get more juice out of your battery, try turning off your Bluetooth, Mobile Data, and Location Services when they’re not in use.
- Get a screen protector - Dropping your phone or cracking your screen can happen anywhere, any time. So if you haven’t already, we’d recommend looking at a screen protector.
From day to day, computers help us get things done – be it work, gaming or online shopping. But just like any tech, they can have their fair share of problems. Here’s some tips to help you get the most out of yours.
- Back it up - Unless you have magic fairy dusting floating around, having your hard drive failure means your stuff will be lost forever. So before you do anything, back everything up.
- Keep your software updated - Updating your software or apps could help fix any issues, including security.
- Keep an eye on the kids - Did you know that anti-virus services usually have parental controls? You can block websites, set up specific access times, and even see what the kids have been up to.
- Antivirus - If you think of your device as a house, a free antivirus works as if you’ve locked the door and shut the windows. Having full cover is like adding an alarm system, a 10-foot fence, and a guard dog.
- Screenshot - A ‘snipping’ tool usually comes with every computer. This allows you to grab a cut of anything on your screen.
- Free up space - Is your device overloaded? Clearing your bin of unwanted files and photos could do just the trick.
If you’re buying a new TV, chances are it’ll be ‘Smart’. But before you get set up, it’s worth finding out all the handy things it can do.
- Use your app - Use your smartphone app from your TV to wake you up. It can show everything from the news to the local weather, to your schedule.
- Get streaming - Stream your device to your TV to show holiday pics or family videos.
- Surf the net - Every Smart TV has a web browser, which means you can quickly find the answers to any burning questions.
- Voice Control - Your Smart TV might have built-in gesture and voice control, which means you can navigate without lifting a finger.